iDebate is Ready to GO!
The candidates were personally contacted over one month ago and all accepted (At that time Dr. Recker expressed his regrets as he had an already scheduled engagement). All candidates confirmed the format and agreed to attend!
There has been ample press coverage as well as advertisements in the local papers. So get there early so as to ensure a seat!
The schedule is thus:
• 5:30PM - Doors Open
• 5:55PM – Welcome & Opening Remarks by Mr. Joe Oliverio of Joey’s Pizza & Pasta House
• 6:00PM – Introduction, Rules & Moderation by Dr. Mario Sanchez of Marco Island Blog
• 6:05PM - 7:45PM - Questions Posed to Candidates
• 7:45PM - 8:00PM - Break
• 8:00PM - 8:30PM - Rapid Fire Questions Posed to Candidates
• 8:30PM - Mingle with the Candidates - Pizza & Soda Provided by Joey's Pizza
A total of 124 regular questions have been submitted as well as 102 rapid fire questions. The topics of the regular questions and their counts are:
|Density & Development||12|
|Integrity in Government||14|
|Police & Fire||3|
|Special Interests Groups||8|
The questions will be distributed to all spectators once the candidates are seated and during the introduction.
We look forward to seeing you at the iDebate for Marco Island’s only fair and balanced debate and where the citizens directly pose the questions!